2008-08-06

Hydrangea


Hydrangea is a symbol of rainy season in Japan, which is July. It is one of my favourite flowers and I bought one 2 years ago, which the flower shop recommended me strongly because of its good quality and gave me 20% discount.

Last year it didn't bloom at all, so I thought that was why it had a discount and felt I was proberbly suckered.

However when it was moved into a larger planter with fertile soil, it suddenly grew faster this spring and finally, it had some beautiful flowers of reddish-purple in May! It was an announcement that again the rainy season was about to come. When the Tsuyuake (end of rainy season, this year around 20th July) the last flowers were about to fade so I cut the stem to arrange on my desk so that I can glance at it whenever I like.

I tried many places to find its right position to be seen in a most beautiful way, and at last I found its good place. The tone of its colour fits perfectly the painting and with the object beside. I only wish the flower will last but beauty never accompany eternity.

No comments: